Through our research into the Indie genre, we found that many of the music videos use water. We liked this idea so decided to experiment with water, and conform to this conventions. We liked the idea of ink or paint flowing through the water as when the paint/ink disperses through the water, it creates a smoky effect.


To create this effect I added paint, oil, washing up liquid and food colouring to the water. This coloured mixtures where then spooned into the large tank of water, to create this smokey effect. With the left over coloured mixes, I experimented further with the consistency and added flour to make a thick paste. I then spooned these mixes into the water also. I think that both techniques were very effective and would look particularly good in the close up/mid shots of our protagonist.
If we changed the colour to black and white the paint would look more like smoke, therefore matching the lyrics 'smoke as black as charcoal fills into our fragile lungs'. We hope to soon finish all of our filming so that we can start editing all of our footage together.
No comments:
Post a Comment